Fulltime Senior / Lead Product Designer @ seed-stage AI startup with a Unicorn founder and a do-good mission
SoHo location, onsite in NYC required
Relo available for the right candidate
This is a largely "stealth", seed-stage startup with a very successful Founder at the helm, who was a recent co-founder of a $1.B valuated company (yep, a real life Unicorn, folks!). Here's what we can share about who they're looking for:
- A highly entrepreneurial Sr/Lead PD who wishes to take significant ownership in an early-stage startup and *be* the Design team to start out, and help launch a new company with a Founder with a highly successful Unicorn startup track record
- You'd be employee #7 and working alongside top A players in their field
- Animal / dog-lovers are most welcome, as is a belief in their mission, to reunite lost dogs with their grateful owners, via crowdsourcing and AI technology
- Vision is evolving and may branch out soon into other areas, empowering users to do more "do good" missions in their lives for greater personal fulfillment
- Mobile / native app focus - MUST show native app design in your book
- iOS and Android, both. Perhaps some light web work down the road.
- Even mix of UX and Visual UI - must have enough visual polish to take things to launch and have it be consumer-ready, in a functional, clean, utilitarian yet delightful aesthetic
- Startup experience is highly valuable
- You are highly motivated to do what it takes to make this venture successful, and while of course it's expected and encouraged that you have a life outside of work, you also realize this is not a 9-5 job
- Experience with AI is a plus, or at least a strong interest in it
- Must show a history of longevity in prior roles
- You probably possess a charismatic, probably extroverted personality and have a strong sense of self.
- You're not afraid to engage in debate or win over stakeholders - the current team members are really good at what they do and you’ll need to be direct, transparent, defend and explain your decision POV, and unafraid to push back (but also know when to let things go)
- Ideally you're a "bringer of people" and have the connections to help build the design team as the company grows
- Management and leadership experience is welcome but not required - it will be largely an IC role for the forseeable future, so you must be OK with being largely hands on and focused on creating a great product with a small SWAT team of A players in the here + now.
TO APPLY, you can apply here on our site, or email your resume, portfolio, and $ range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
Spread the word! Here's the URL for sharing this opportunity with your badass entrepreneurial designer friends!
**** REFERRAL BONUS up to $500-1000 for the successful longterm placement of your referral to us for this and any of our roles ****