It's a classic David versus Goliath story.
Our client is a dynamic startup in the Cloud Tech space - the "David" in the market that successfully competes with the big Google and Amazon "Goliaths". They boast a whopping overall $300MM+ in funding, and a die-hard Developer user-base who very much feel a part of their tight-knit, pro-human and pro-developer mission.
They are seeking a fulltime PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER with enterprise software / large platform experience to join their close-knit team in their downtown office, where their branding and fun, friendly vibes permeate every square inch. They are expanding and growing their product offerings right now, so they're on a huge wave of growth, and someone with an entrepreneurial, always-launching / iterating mindset, as well as an above-average ability to work collaboratively with Product + Dev, would be well-placed here, especially in this exciting snapshot in time there.
Their culture is a huge selling point. It's the kind of place where someone apologizes when they schedule a 5pm meeting, and where they have fun office-decorating parties and genuinely enjoy each other's company. Did we mention catered lunch every day? And they really care about their staff's personal and professional evolution - they have a dedicated team for the employee experience, and leadership training for new managers, or managers looking to hone their skills and take it to the next level. It's a really special place, and the vibe there feels like family.
Their end users are developers using their Cloud services, versus them housing their own server on their own rack. This is a close-knit, highly-engaged user community who enjoys our client's intuitive simplicity and custom-tailored solutions to their particular challenges. You could call their user base "zealots" for the products and service they provide.
Which is where you come in! You'll be a key leader of the Product Design team dedicated to making the developer experience as seamless as possible, continuing to enhance the "less is more" aesthetic, creating intuitive dashboards, and rolling out new features. And internally, you'll be maintaining and evolving the Design Library - you are ecosystem minded, and have a track record in co-creating Design Systems that are easy to use for both designers and in-house devs.
You'll be reporting to the VP of UX, who is a beloved, longtime, and well-respected member of their community, and who is seeking someone to be mostly autonomous in this role, and who can give solid career guidance and leadership to a team of Mid, Sr and Lead level Product Designers, and who also has a strong track record of forming strong alliances and partnerships with leaders of Product and Dev teams.
Being able to "talk tech" is great, or having experience working within a tech-heavy environment, so you have a better-than-most track record of deeply connecting with and designing for this unique user base who value simplicity overall as the differentiating factor in their platform decision-making. If you have some dev skills yourself, all the better - it's not required for the role, but can be a plus in understanding your audience.
Comp is competitive salary + bonus + stock options.
What you'll be doing:
● Overseeing Product Design work and maintaining consistent high standards for both visual output and user experience within our core products.
● Driving best practices in both Agile and traditional Product Design/UX Methodology as appropriate for multiple products in the portfolio.
● Working collaboratively with other design managers, marketing, and product management to achieve consistency across touchpoints and support the execution of our core products.
● Guide designers on their work using and contributing to our Design System.
● Hiring, developing, mentoring, and providing performance feedback to your team.
● Significant experience designing for a complex online environment while executing successful team leadership
● Hands on experience designing B2B, SaaS, Open Source and/or workflow-management products not required, but a plus.
● A relentless focus on standards, consistency, and high-quality visual and experience design
● Experience driving best-practices around discovery methodologies and how to best translate them into
● A track record of managing a high-performing design team, developing talent, and delivering results in a
● Ability to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a
developer-centric customer base
● Ability to run productive meetings, create effective and useful product design documents, and maintain
alignment across a complex product portfolio
TO APPLY, either apply here on our site, or email your resume, portfolio, and approx salary $ range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
REFERRAL BONUS of up to $1K - please help us spread the word on our roles - you can earn up to $1K as a referral bonus if we place your person longterm!