Our client is an established, consumer-facing brand with a large design team and major name recognition. Hint: it's in the food arena, and you've probably used it before!
They're looking for a midlevel Product Designer to join their established and growing product design team in NYC. The right candidate will have good end to end experience, from User Research => UX Design => Visual UI Design, with a strong portfolio of consumer-facing, native app and responsive/web design.
You'll be joining a healthy and established design org, working on one of the most important and largest core areas of this company's multi-faceted business with one of their most seasoned and beloved managers.
You'll get plenty of opportunities to jam with design teams of specialists, collaborating with Design Systems & User Research teams, and also get to learn that stuff yourself if you have the desire. They have an established Design System that's in a good place, but always great to have that background yourself too so you know how to iterate on it. You’ll work closely with the Product Managers and Engineers dedicated to your product, too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Turning nebulous concepts to specific ideas that are useful and delightful product features
- Work on the following capabilities - search & discovery, home page personalization, transactions / purchases
- Design holistic systems, flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, beautiful and drive consensus
- Lead high-level project work from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design working sessions to help the team deliver the best possible solutions
- Be the voice in the room that puts the user first! Turn data collected from research, user testing and market analysis into tangible solutions.
- Understand how to best use the current design system to ensure consistency across platforms and contribute to its continuous improvement
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams in Product, Engineering and Marketing
- Be a positive role model and culture carrier within the studio as well as an advocate for design within the company
- At least 3-5 years of practical, in-house product, UI/UX design experience for a consumer-facing brand with a focus on complex flows and use cases - must have some native mobile app experience (iOS and/or Android) - as well as web work
- You're someone who can push the utilitarian into the "transformative and delightful", and put a smile on the user's face
- Importantly, you have worked on products end-to-end, which you've been able to launch + iterate on, and have the polished portfolio pieces that showcase this - case studies are always great!
- Understanding of user research and A/B test planning/execution - and a willingness to learn and dive deeper into research yourself
- You have a passion for bringing internal stakeholders on your design journey, and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- Figma, Google Suite, JIRA, - you are adept at prototyping - either via tools or hand-coding
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “WHY are we designing this in the first place?"
- Authorization to work in the USA.
Send your resume, portfolio, fulltime salary range, and good times to chat in the next week to:
joanne (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com