Sr Product Designer, Patient Care (UX leaning)
100% remote for now; eventually to be onsite in NYC
Our mission-geared client in the hearing health space is a bustling, well-funded Series B startup with leaders from Facebook, Amazon, 1stdibs, and Lyft. Their aim is to be the "Warby Parker of hearing aids", bringing their hearing health mission to the masses, across age groups and demographics.
They're seeking a fulltime Mid or Senior Product Designer with UX Design and Research chops, awith ideally enough Visual UI Design chops to be dangerous / take things through to final Visual, even if using a Design System along the way.
You’ll be working in what they call the "emotional design' space - ie, how do you encourage a user to take an action that can be taboo or something challenging, and turn that into a delightful, fun experience? How do you disrupt societal stigmas and unlock a largely untapped multi $B industry, and help people’s lives at the same time?
Frankly, the audiology space is one we knew very little about ourselves, and we’ve been fascinated as their Head of Design / Co-Founder has gotten us to be audiophiles, too! Weve known her for 10+ years and she is completely delightful, and design is hugely important to the company overall (hey, it helps to have a design leader co-founder!)
The design team is rounded out by 2 wonderful Product Design Leads who we’ve also known a long time – it’s a total dream team., and they have headcount for 3 more designers immediately. In fact, the company plans to double in size by the end of this year. It’s a great time to get in.
They have a world-class advisory board and audiology team, including a top audiologist from Walter Reed Medical Center. Their motto is, “If you aren’t an audiophile yet, you will be” – and they speak the truth!
About the Role
As the Senior Product Designer, Patient Care
, you will apply your passion for product design to help us accomplish our mission of bringing high quality and delightful hearing care to millions. You’ll use product design best practices to make meaningful, measurable improvements to those with hearing loss. You’ll partner with the App team and the Audiology team to innovate treatment and improve patient outcomes. We have bold plans and design plays a critical role in our success. This role reports directly to the Head of Design.
- Collaborate with the product team to design best-in-class hearing care experiences from start to finish
- Partner with audiology to develop and launch new opportunities for audiology services that improve hearing outcomes for our customers
- Iterate and execute top quality design work in line with our company standards
- Lead user research initiatives, synthesize results to represent user needs and outcome desires
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project, including the hand-off of files and assets to the in-house engineering team
- Interpret research and data to drive solutions - implementing data analytics into design
- Build prototypes to convey product experience to users, stakeholders, and team members
- Independently manage time and tasks within a set of priorities
- Maintain a productive outlook in the face of ambitious and ever-shifting priorities
- 6 years of professional Product / UX Design experience
- Blend of consumer-facing and B2B projects, healthcare or ed tech preferred
- Portfolio with examples of a user-centered approach, research, and UI
- Fluent in Figma or Sketch. (A Figma master = their dream!)
- Have experience owning and leading large lines of work; you enjoy driving initiatives and are a self-starter, within a collaborative environment
- Excel at problem-solving and are able to communicate the reasons behind your design decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication, as demonstrated through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, as demonstrated through professional experience in externally-facing roles or cross-functional teams
TO APPLY, apply here on our site
email your resume, portfolio of case studies, and approx $ range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
****$1,000 Referral Bonus Eligibility**** for the longterm placement of your peeps in this, or any other, role - thanks for passing this along through your trusted networks!