Midlevel and Senior Product Designers (UX leaning) - 2 roles
At Series B mental health startup that's growing rapidly - exciting times!
Remote OK for now; to be based in NYC post-Covid
Our client is a bustling, female-founded mental health startup, who just scored an impressive $75M+ Series B round, who walks the WALK. Their Head of Product/Design there - who we adore; he's so thoughtful and smart - said that he’s never been at a place that so genuinely puts the health and wellness of the people they serve first, and it comes up in daily conversations at the company.
You’d be getting your foot in the door at an exciting stage of their development - they are slated to triple in size from 70 to ~200, maybe 300, by the end of next year - so this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, as the train is leaving the station! You'd be instrumental in setting crucial design direction, and internally, setting culture and processes with your teammates.
They help companies in turn help their employees receive personalized, clinically-validated treatment across a wide range of modalities (mindfulness, coaching, psychotherapy, psychiatry, rehab programs, etc) so they get the individualized, highly effective care that they need. You’ll be a key part of changing the game for mental healthcare, and be empowered to evolve healthcare design best practices towards a more compassionate, progressive, and accessible future. Talk about a timely mission, in these unprecedented times!
They’re seeking full stack, UX-leaning Product Designers - 1 Midlevel, with Growth / top of funnel / acquisition experience, and 1 Senior, who's worked on a suite of complex suites of tools (enterprise, B2B mostly, but there's consumer-facing stuff in the mix, too). Both roles will benefit by your strong Research chops. You’ll be joining their quickly-growing 3-4 person Product Design team. The work is both mobile- and desktop-based, so we’ll want to see your cross platform experience in your portfolio, and your end-to-end case studies including design, research, testing and validation, launch and post-launch activities and - ideally - impact and results.
You'll have an opportunity to:
- Contribute to their vision to eliminate every barrier to mental healthcare by accurately diagnosing members and truly empowering them to find the right provider, get the right treatment, and genuinely improve their mental health and wellbeing
- Develop a new baseline user experience for how patients manage and understand their mental health and receive appropriate care
- Collaborate closely with the of team of care navigators, physicians, therapists, psychiatrists, data scientists, research scientists, product managers, and software engineers to create novel solutions to longstanding problems in mental healthcare
- Be responsible for carrying strategic projects through all the steps in the design process including: product vision and strategy, product research, user analysis, ideation, design, testing and validation, and post-launch iteration
- Design mobile and desktop experiences, and have full exposure to the entire suite of products to ensure consistency in design and vision
- Help improve their overall design process; a DesignOps proclivity is a plus but not required
- Participate in establishing and growing the Design team, and play a significant role in defining the team culture
- You will evolve healthcare design best practices towards a more compassionate, progressive, and accessible future
- 3+ years for Midlevel, and 5+ years for Senior - of end-to-end professional Product Design (UX leaning) experience at tech companies - startup experience is a strong plus
- Expert UX design skills, strong UX research and information architecture skills, and preferably are also capable of conducting some light visual design and service design work- the more skills, the merrier!
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data along with experimentation to validate your hypotheses, and making thoughtful decisions based on research and data
- A well-rounded portfolio demonstrating your process and accomplishments
- In addition to prioritizing the user, you are also the kind of designer who asks questions about the business, and has a bit of a Product Manager mindset
- You possess strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating design decisions
- You are proficient with popular design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, Axure)
- You understand modern mobile and web technologies, and the fundamentals of front-end development (you don’t have to be a coder, but those skills are welcome, too!)
- You have shipped best-in-class software, within real-world constraints
- You collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members and have a strong history of working closely with Product and Dev in an Agile environment
- You love design; you’re not satisfied with the status quo and always think of ways to improve
- You are excited to contribute and take ownership at the early stage of a company
- You are comfortable in a fast-moving startup environment, and are able to work nimbly and flexibly
- Above all, you are empathetic, generous, and curious. You understand that this product can have a significant impact on real lives and you put users first in every decision you make
Bonus, but not required:
- Experience working in healthcare or a healthcare related field
- Experience with other related skills: motion design, animation, prototyping, UX copywriting, front end development
TO APPLY, you can apply here on our website, or feel free to email your resume, portfolio and approximate salary range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
*** $1,000 REFERRAL BONUS for the kind soul who refers us someone we place in this role – or any of our roles – longterm. Thanks for telling a talented friend! **