One of the things we hear most from Product Designers is that they want to work on “products with purpose” - and what could be more purposeful than improving the lives of cancer patients? Our client is an industry leader in both healthcare technology and oncology research. Their mission is to outsmart cancer - by learning from patients, and by connecting hundreds of community cancer centers, top oncology research companies, and major academic research centers on shared platforms - thereby accelerating cancer research and improving quality of care. It’s a huge data and technology challenge, and our client had developed widely adapted tools to help support this vital need.
We’re looking for Product Designers and Senior Product Designer (multiple roles, on multiple products) to join their smart, supportive and growing 12+ person Product Design team. You’ll have significant product ownership in designing for meaty software and data problems, within a mission-driven environment. The flavor of Product Designers they look for are generalists who like to be involved in all parts of the design process - they tend to be UX leaning, with plenty of research in the mix.
The culture is very sane, stable - they’re a 500+ person company, with deep tech / data roots, acquired and funded by a F100 company (who is largely hands off, so the vibe is definitely that of an “established startup”, not corporate).
They value a culture of continuous learning, and support this with broad and inclusive employee offerings, including company training (including coding languages, presentation skills, and more), hackathons (for all employees!), and professional development support for attending conferences, industry events, & courses. They truly take care of their own - good work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off, generous parental leave, back-up child care, fitness classes, and annual gym reimbursement.
Mid-level - ideally 3-5 years experience (but if you have a little less, feel free to apply)
Senior level - 5+ years
- Solid design generalist with emphasis on UX Design, Interaction Design, and/or Information Architecture
- Knowledge of user centered design practices and contemporary design tools, and how best to apply both
- Portfolio that tells the story of how you’ve applied design to solve problems in the past, starting at an idea and ending with a solution in the hands of your users, as well as what you learned throughout the process
- Experience explaining complex problems and projects to audiences of multiple backgrounds in written and verbal form
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including transparency
- Partnership mentality
Many roles require:
- Ability to independently conduct User Research, ideally with experience conducting research with external users and/or experience working with remote research & facilitation methodologies
- Iterative design experience on cross functional teams
- Experience designing complex, multi-step workflows
Like to haves:
- Stakeholder Management and Facilitation (especially in a multi-stakeholder environment)
- Demonstrated ability to design beyond the screen / Service Design mentality
- Design Systems experience
- Product thinking
- Coding ability
Are you ready for this meaningful challenge?
We'd love to hear from you!
Apply here online, or email us your resume, portfolio, and approx salary range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
***REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBILITY for the longterm placement of your referral - spread the word!