"Make the utilitarian, delightful."
Such is the mandate at our client - and, seeing as how they have 15MM active users across the USA, that has the potential to spread a whole LOT of delight around. What could be finer?
They're an established, consumer-facing brand with major name recognition. Hint: it's in the food arena, and you've probably used it before!
They're looking for a fulltime Product Designer with a slight Visual/UI bent, with a good mix of desktop + native mobile work in their book, to join their 12-person product design team in NYC.
You'll be joining a healthy and established design org, ably led by a new Head/Design who comes with fresh ideas - not to mention she's thoughtful, kind, and really committed to helping to grow the people on her team. You'll be working on one of the most important and largest areas of this company's multi-faceted business. Because of the high-visibility nature of these tools, you have ideally worked in a larger design org, on a big-name, consumer brand. And, any startup experience on top of that is a major plus, too, as they still think of themselves as a scrappy startup in many ways! But they've got hard-won chops around process, maturity, and company solidity.
You'll get plenty of opportunities to jam with design teams of specialists - ie, collaborating with Design Systems & User Research teams, and also get to learn that stuff yourself if you have the desire (they have an established Design System that's in a good place, but always great to have that background yourself too so you know how to iterate on it.) You’ll work closely with the Product Managers and Engineers dedicated to your product, of course.
More about you:
- You're a visually-leaning Product Designer with 3+ years of experience on complex products
- You have worked on products end-to-end, which you've been able to launch + iterate on, and have the polished portfolio pieces that showcase this (case studies are always great!)
- You're someone who can push the utilitarian into the **transformative and delightful**, and put a smile on the user's face.
- Importantly, you have both native app (iOS and/or Android) and web experience (role is about 50/50 mobile/desktop)
- You are passionately solutions-oriented and customer-focused
- You are adept at prototyping - either via tools or hand coding
- Formal design education is strongly desired
Like to haves:
- Portfolio work that shows experience with both digital + physical systems
- Experience working within a larger design organization
- Some scrappy startup experience is great too, as they still operate like one in many ways!
- Service design experience
- Gamification experience
Apply below, or send your resumes, URL/book, and fulltime salary range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
***REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBILITY*** Refer to us someone you think would be great for the role, and you can earn up to $1K as a referral bonus if we place your person longterm!