Disrupt a multi billion-dollar industry (and have an equity stake in doing so!), help save the environment at the same time! Not to mention making thousands of truckers way happier.
The logistics & trucking industry is a $700 billion dollar per year industry in the USA – yes, BILLION! - and it’s ripe for total transformation. It’s traditionally been a clunky, analogue, phone-based system, frustrating and inefficient for truckers, and harmful to the environment.
All that is changing, thanks to our Series C startup client. Indeed, Forbes magazine named them one of the “next billion dollar startups”, and they’ve got a small design team with a new head of design; she’s got a great reputation, and there’s lots of female representation at the C-level overall.
They are radically transforming this entire industry are are making it digital, automated, efficient and pleasant for truckers, shipping companies and major retail brands to use, and they’re also drastically reducing the carbon footprint in shipping, thanks for full truckloads and real-time bidding technology. It's a complex challenge, and thus they tend to attract (and want!) talent who are naturally curious problem-solvers, who want to grow their skills and careers.
They need YOU to do help them do all this cool work! They are looking for a Sr Product Designer with a good amount of seniority and autonomy to join their growing team of 4 designers. You’ll partner closely with their ace Dev and Product teams in 6-8 person Agile squads. Virtually all of their 150+ people are in NYC, including Dev, so you can walk over to people’s desks and collaborate in real-time.
It’s high visibility work with big names attached to it – their trucking logistics platform is actively used by clients from every industry you can imagine, from the most trendy makeup and lifestyle goods to most stalwart food, beverage, and retail brands - virtually every industry relies on trucking. You’ll be helping these literal wheels turn more efficiently on the road, by ensuring that every truckload is optimized via machine learning.
Product Designers like you crave growing in a fast-paced environment, and having ownership of the complete product design lifecycle, and you’ll be empowered to do so here - from user research (surveys, interviews, usability testing), using data and analytics to support and recommend design solutions, and creating UX designs to, to some degree, pixel-perfect final visuals, too.
You’ll be working in their bright airy offices near Penn Station / Herald Square, recently renovated and expanded to allow for a bigger team as they’re growing, and they’re accessible from pretty much anywhere.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research: conduct surveys, stakeholder interviews, usability testing, and more
- UX Design: identify pain points and provide practical design solutions that align with company goals
- Iterate: create and modify artifacts to convey, test and/or document design solutions
- Document: author requirement docs to share and distribute amongst our teams
- Analyze: translate analytics and metrics into meaningful questions and decisions
- Mentor: serve as a mentor for other members on the team
- Product Design experience at design-driven technology companies
- Startup or relevant experience is a big plus
- 4-5+ years experience
- Interaction Design skills – including simplifying complex user flows
- Systems Thinking – ability to establish/manage cross-system architecture
- User Research – toolkit of best practices and ability to synthesize actionable
- Visual Design prowess – less emphasis here, but being able to launch simple UI with final pixel-perfect Visuals is a big plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to build trust and facilitate discussion with internal and external stakeholders
- The confidence to gather and distill many input points and make informed persuasive decisions
- A strong desire for ownership
- Proven ability to prioritize
- No ego / no “rockstars” – seeking humble, curious, thoughtful types
Like to haves - experience in:
- Real-time bidding platforms (AdTech bkgds can be relevant)
- High-tech companies
Apply here online, or email us your resume, portfolio, and approx salary range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
***REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBILITY for the longterm placement of your referral - spread the word! Here's the link: