A bustling, growing, award-winning exhibition design firm is seeking a fulltime SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER to join their cozy and motivated team - here, you can get a chance to see your visionary creative thinking come to life in myriad ways, for museums, nonprofits, universities, F500 corporations, and government organizations.
Here's the cool stuff they do, to whet your whistle:
- an exhibition at a rock n roll museum (or a WWII museum, or a Jewish museum, or a spy museum)
- motion installations for a nonprofit organization
- a media wall for a famously boisterous American city
- trade show designs for the auto industry
- a large-scale projection screen for a F100 company’s heritage museum
- ….and the beat goes on.
As a Senior Designer, you are an inspiring do-er, art director, team mentor, and an expert communicator of a project’s creative vision, both internally and with clients. You can lead a project on your own with minimal supervision, while keeping the quality of the visual design extremely high.
As time goes on, you will have ample opportunity to oversee, lead, guide and nurture designers on a project basis.
While you’re a Visual person yourself, you work effectively and collaboratively with UX teams. Your real strength is creating compelling, exhilarating design that helps tell a story, and working in a deep partnership with clients to dazzle them with delight.
What you’ve already done:
- Projects spanning these types of projects (the more, the better!):
- experiential, x-platform digital design
- touchscreen design
- motion graphics + video
- IoT & embedded UI
- projections & media walls
- trade show & OOH graphics
- Good client communication + presentation skills - you have the maturity and savvy to know how to speak to and teach both tech-savvy and non-tech-savvy clients in an empowering way, and can use diplomacy and polish in all client communication
- Mentored junior + midlevel designers = a plus, not a requirement. You'll report into their Lead Visual Designer who's a well-respected veteran there (and who has an amazing design eye herself - very inspring!)
- You've worked in both Agile + Waterfall environments and can juggle multiple projects that may incorporate both processes
- Have a strong sense of helping to guide and process, and effectively communicate that internally and externally
- A plus: partnered up effectively with Project Management teams and contribute to budgeting and resource allocation discussions
- Have worked on both longterm (2-3 years) and shorter term (6 months) projects with multi-million-dollar budgets, concurrently
- Great at the conceptual, ideation phase, and get much personal satisfaction from blowing the client’s mind with amazing, visionary ideas
- Proven experience launching projects through to final completion, and worked directly with Dev teams
- Perhaps you’ve collaborated with interior design and architecture / interiors teams = a plus
- You’re open to light travel to visit client sites, mostly on the East Coast but a variety of locations, and can be “boots on the ground” during the onsite (exciting!) build phase
- Work in Creative Suite/Cloud, prototype in InVision, and a big plus is motion skills via AfterFX or Premiere
(yeah, we think so, too.)
Apply here on our site, or you can email:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM:
This isn't for you but you know someone who'd be great? Please send them our way, and you stand to earn up to $1K for a longterm placement of your person! Feel free to share this role along with your trusted networks.
Here's the short link: http://bit.ly/2tuCyC4