Relocate to Berlin, one of the coolest + most progressive cities in the world, and bring your family with you!
Will provide full relo + a spousal "blue card" so they can work over there, too.
Huge management + growth opportunity to be a Director (or VP) of Design at a top travel startup with seasoned, well-respected leaders - you'll have a huge hand in growing their current 6 person design team into a bustling team of 20-25 people, so you'll be able to put your nurturing leadership abilities and experience to good use.
You'll get to help millions of people see the world, travel, and experience the EU in a delightful, cost-effective way - a great mission for our times!
This is the most senior creative/UX person in the company, and reports directly into the VP/Product, in more of a partnership relationship than a top-down one. You've got a portfolio of complex, transactional work in the B2C sector, and experience with and/or a passion for travel is a HUGE plus!
More about it:
• Started in 2013, and their most recent round of funding was $70MM by top VC investors late last year
• They have been able to combine over 500+ travel companies across rail, bus and air, in 12+ countries in Europe, and 30 countries in all, with different languages and travel carriers, so the work is quite complex and multi-faceted.
• 10MM+ monthly users
• Based in Berlin in the heart of the startup area
• Must have high volume B2C online experience
• Very international/diverse culture and team
• Design team is currently comprised of Product/UX, Creative, Brand Marketing, User Research
• Established by a single founder who is very involved but gladly gives up the reins for product/creative
• Scope of role is flexible depending on skillset and interests (if you have UX or Visual UI in your background, that's a must...and if you have any Branding in the mix too, that's a plus, but not required)
• First and foremost product design will lead their design efforts, so this is a very high-visibility role
• You're a great people manager who can bring processes to work with cross functional teams, and who can attract a design team, and you will be expected to make bold, unconstrained decisions.
• You're excited about disrupting the travel sector in Europe!
• Can include air, ferries, car hire, any mode of transport in the future
• Aim = addressing multiple travel needs, ie, "How can we make this easy and single click to book a single journey?" and remove restrictions of the journey and user, etc
• Ideally have experience leading teams that have gone from niche to mass market
• You'll get to think about door to door planning for the user experience (taxis, ridesharing, hotels, apartments, Airbnb, city guides)
• technically office hours are 10-5. It’s not a big work from home culture but once in a while is OK. It’s a team work culture so it’s up to the employees to make their hours.
Intrigued? Gut! (that's "Good", in German!) We'd love to hear from you.
Please apply here on our site
Email your resume + portfolio + approx USA salary range to:
info (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
****$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBILITY for the longterm placement of your referral: Just think, a sweet job for your friend, and a sweet wad of cash for YOU! Thanks for passing the word along; we appreciate it.*****