Elegant Scandanavian design sensibility. Big airy studio space in Brooklyn in hip neighborhood. Future visioning projects where you get to dream big, and wild. ("what does the Car of the Future's dashboard look like?") An up-and-coming startup studio with a freshly emerging culture and process that YOU get to weigh in on, as does everyone, in their friendly, democratic culture, where education and constant learning is highly valued.
They like to have lunch together - it's very European and familial.
And they're in a super exciting stage of growth! The sales seeds they planted last year are all now nicely hitting, so there's a lot of activity, work, ideas, and energy buzzing about!
Likey? Read on!
Our global, European design firm client is looking for a fulltime LEAD VISUAL / PRODUCT DESIGNER (ie, you can be 100% Visual, or a mix of Visual + UX) to create jaw-droppingly innovative, cross-platform, and elegant digital and physical experiences, service design, and business design - which you'll actually launch, and launch constantly, with the in-house dev team.
No formalized management experience is necessary, and you won't have direct reports in this role, although having experience being client-facing and being THE lead point person on multiple, concurrent projects is essential, and there's plenty of opportunities for mentoring. Presenting skills must be on point.
You're on the more junior end of Lead; not a Lead looking to become a Director anytime super soon.
You’ll be a part of a team of designers and strategists within service, product, brand, digital, interaction, and user experience design. And your co-workers are cool - everyone there has been carefully selected based on not just their skills, but their winning personalities and enthusiasm. It's an international and playful vibe, where global cross-polllination with their other studios is highly encouraged, and you get to play and dream BIG.
You'll participate in their global retreat annually - last year it was in a gorgeous part of Italy - with the whole company to share workshops, hackathons, presentations and the like.
- a talented Visual Lead with 5-7+ years of experience
- an entrepreneurial spirit who can "accept uncertainty" - you understand this is key to working in design innovation, and that your job is to solve other people's business unknowns
- awesome Visual or Product Design portfolio with complex application work
- preferably come from a classical BFA / Graphic Design background
- extensive client-facing experience
- ability to lead the larger upfront strategic ideas, think beyond the wireframe
- proven track-record mentoring 4+ mid to senior Visual / Product Designers on a project basis
Like to haves:
- Solid background in Visual Design, but also open to backgrounds that started out in UI or tech (while you're more squarely Visual now) - they like "T-shaped" people, so you can communicate easily across disciplines
- multi-device background
- native app experience
- Agile experience
Apply below, or send your resumes, URL/book, and freelance hourly rate range and fulltime salary range to:
info [at] joanneweavergroup [dot] com
***We offer a referral bonus eligibility of up to $1K, if we place someone you recommend in a longterm role - so if this isn't for you, please help pass on the word! Thank you!***